A meta-presentation! a presentation on how to do presentations. Dissecting the topic of giving presentation and public speaking into four major components: 1) presenter, 2) audience, 3) content, and 4) tools, and then giving 3 guidelines on each.
- Anxiety and confidence are your friends, and too much of them is the enemy
- Be in the act with all of your body
- Solicit feedback and act on it
- Connect with the audience whenever possible
- Tune in to the bands of the audience
- Engage your audience until the end
- Craft your own content
- Focus your message
- Leave your audience with key takeaways
- Anything but Standard… Default is Evil
- Use different techniques
- Master the technology
Below is the slide deck that highlights these guidelines.